Welcome to Ledbury in Bloom, part of the RHS Britain in Bloom Campaign, Ten times RHS gold medal winners from 2006-2016.
The Ledbury in Bloom campaign aims are:
- To create an attractive and sustainable environment making Ledbury a greener, cleaner and more pleasant place to live by working on our green spaces and park areas.
- To achieve horticultural excellence and biodiversity.
- To recognize and appreciate all the many hours of work that our volunteers and the whole community put into caring for all our green spaces.
- To bring together all sectors of the community; individuals, friends, groups and businesses who wish to care for our environment.
- To support the local economy by promoting tourism and encouraging visitors to stop and enjoy our beautiful town.
- To offer support and advice to any individual, business or community who wishes to contribute by helping the group in any way.
The ‘In Bloom’ is not all about hanging baskets and bedding plants. We are a small friendly group who work very hard trying to provide something for everyone who wishes to enhance the quality of life in our lovely town. We welcome anyone, gardeners and non gardeners, young and old to join us for just an hour a week, a month or whatever time you have free. Our aim is to have lots of people doing a little rather than a few doing lots!.
We currently have responsibility for the Walled Garden, Queens Walk, the Railway Station, The Millennium Garden at the Bye Street carpark, The Top Cross, Biddulph Way flower beds, and all the High Street tubs. We also support the Homend Mews, Bowling Green and the Hospital. However due to cut backs in Council budgets our involvement around the town may increase in years to come.